A-Z index

Am I a resident for tax purposes?

Certificates of residency or status
This document provides information regarding which countries Australia has a tax treaty with, information on lodging a tax relief form and information on requesting a certificate of residency.
Work out your tax residency
To understand your tax situation you first need to work out if you are an Australian or foreign resident for tax purposes. This may be different to your residency status for other purposes - for example, you could be an Australian resident for tax purposes even if you're not an Australian citizen or permanent resident.