A-Z index

Proof of identity (POI)

Copies of identity documents for applicants in Australia
Australian residents applying for a tax file number or ABN need to give us identity documents. These must meet the certification and translation requirements.
Proof of identity - for individuals and businesses resident outside Australia
You need to give us certified and translated proof of identity documents with your application for a tax file number.
Your privacy
To administer the tax laws, we collect information about you but keep it confidential. We also record when you visit our website, but only use the information for statistical purposes to help us improve the website.