A-Z index


Capital gains tax property exemption tool
If you sold or are going to sell (or otherwise dispose of) property that you own, this tool helps you work out what portion of your capital gain is exempt from CGT.
Damaged or destroyed property
If your property is damaged or destroyed in a disaster, there are different tax treatments depending on if they are personal or income-producing assets.
Your home is generally exempt from tax. If you have an investment property, build or renovate for profit, or use a property in the running of a business, there may be implications for income tax, capital gains tax and goods and services tax (GST).