A-Z index

Refunds, assessments and amendments

Amendment of income tax return for individuals
If you realise that you did not include something on your tax return that you should have, or there is some other error on your tax return, you need to correct it as soon as possible by requesting an amendment.
Tracking your refund or fixing a mistake
Once you’ve lodged your tax return, we will issue you a notice of assessment. This tells you whether you're entitled to a refund or that you have a tax debt to pay.