A-Z index

Working holidaymakers

Australians living overseas
You should be aware of your tax and super obligations before you leave Australia. If you have already left you can use ATO online services to do most tasks.
Employers of working holiday makers
What you need to do as an employer of working holiday makers (backpackers) holding a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462).
Working overseas
As an Australian resident working overseas you must declare all your foreign employment income - including any exempt income - even if tax was taken out in the country where you earned the income.