A-Z index

Working overseas

Foreign employment income and section 23AG - employees
Frequently asked questions relating to changes to 23AG for employees.
Going overseas
Whether you will remain an Australian resident or become a foreign resident, there are things you need to do to get your tax affairs in order. If you remain an Australian resident while working overseas, you must declare your worldwide income in your Australian tax return, even if tax was taken out in the country where you earned the income.
Overseas repayments
Provide an overseas travel notification and report your worldwide income to ATO if you have a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), VET Student Loan (VSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL).