A-Z index

Deductions you can claim

Deductions you can claim
When completing your annual tax return, you're entitled to claim deductions for some expenses, most of which are directly related to earning your income.You can claim vehicle and other travel expenses directly connected with your work, but you can't claim for normal trips between home and work – this is considered private travel.
Income and deductions
Income tax is paid on money you receive, such as salary and wages, Centrelink payments, and investments. The amount of tax you pay depends on how much income you receive. You may be able to reduce the amount of tax you pay by claiming certain expenses you incurred in earning your income
Norfolk Island tax and super
Other deductions
You may be able to claim other deductions, such as books and digital information, seminars and conferences, union fees and personal super contributions.