A-Z index

Property asset transfers

Residential rental properties
If you invest in a rental property or rent out your current property, you'll need to keep records right from the start, work out what expenses you can claim as deductions, and declare all your rental-related income in your tax return. Any capital gain you make when selling or otherwise disposing of the property is generally subject to capital gains tax.