A-Z index

Tax return amendments

Correct (amend) an income tax return
If you've made a mistake on an income tax return you've already lodged, or you think we've made a mistake processing it, you can request an amendment.
Dispute or object to an ATO decision
Find out how to disagree with our decisions, fix mistakes we have made, fix mistakes you have made, tell us about previously undisclosed income, incorrectly claimed deductions or misleading statements you have made, and ask for penalties or interest charges.
Tracking your refund or fixing a mistake
It’s easy to check the progress of your tax return using our online services which are available 24 hours a day. Returns lodged online are usually processed in two weeks. If you've made a mistake, you can amend your tax return using our online services.