ATO workforce plan
The ATO workforce plan outlines our strategies for managing our workforce, in line with:
- ATO strategic intent
- Reinventing the ATO program blueprint
- ATO culture strategy
- ATO leadership strategy
- ATO corporate plan 2014-18.
To improve business outcomes, we will develop the right capabilities, operating environment and culture.
We will review:
- our progress
- the effectiveness of our initiatives
- the risks we’ve identified to ensure they reflect our environment.
Our key workforce priorities are:
Aligning culture to our strategic goals
Development of a culture aligned to our strategic goals will rely on committed and competent leaders. All individuals will be responsible for demonstrating commitment to cultural change and in support of this, the ATO will:
- build a unique Employee Value Proposition that is consistent with our strategic objectives, strengthens our brand and provides great opportunities for our people
- foster an inclusive workplace that embraces and promotes diversity
- place greater emphasis on measuring employees’ motivation, attitude and attributes in considering career fit.
Productivity and agility
We will develop a flexible workforce that can adapt to changing operational requirements, business and community needs, and government expectations.
Our planning will include:
- using the appropriate workforce options to deliver efficient and effective outcomes
- designing jobs to streamline taxpayer and client interaction
- partnering in whole-of-government service delivery initiatives.
Capability and professionalism
We will develop our capability by attaining critical skills, qualifications, professional standards and accreditations, and will:
- prioritise capability development plans in line with business needs
- ensure that our leaders possess the right leadership capabilities and attitudes to deliver organisational priorities.
This document outlines the ATO workforce plan including strategies for the management of the workforce in the future.
- structure our workforce effectively so that we achieve our vision of being a vibrant, client-focused organisation
- integrate our recruitment, retention, succession and talent management to effectively deliver workforce and capability needs
- shape our workforce to achieve organisational and whole-of-government objectives
- align our workforce management decisions with future location and technology plans to achieve cost-effective business outcomes
- support employees with a safe workplace, focusing on prevention and early intervention services to reduce the human and financial cost of illness and injury
- build committed leaders who manage staff performance effectively and move forward with employees who fit our culture and embrace our values.