Changing your personal information
You can ask us to change the personal information we hold about you if you have had access to the document and you think that the information:
- is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
- is used for an administrative purpose.
You do not have to pay a fee for this request.
Your request must be in writing and, as far as possible:
- give details of the document and the information you believe is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
- give reasons why you are asking for the amendments
- state what the information should be
- provide an address in Australia for us to reply to.
We must give you our decision and the reasons for that decision within 30 days of receiving your request. We can ask the Australian Information Commissioner for more time. If we do not meet these timeframes, we are deemed to have refused your request. You can then ask the Australian Information Commissioner to review our decision.