Change of details for individuals
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
We are authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to request tax file numbers (TFNs). We will use your TFN to identify you in our records. It's not an offence not to provide your TFN but if you don't there may be a delay processing this form.
We are also authorised to collect the information in this form by the:
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1936
- Tax Administration Act 1953
- A New Tax System (Australian Business Number) Act 1999
- Superannuation (Unclaimed Money and Lost Members) Act 1999.
This information will be used to update your name, address and contact details for taxation purposes. If you don't provide the information, we may not be able to process your form. Where you have nominated a representative, we will also use this information to help us deal with your representative about your taxation affairs on your behalf.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Law Enforcement Agencies.
We may also give this information to superannuation funds for the purpose of reuniting lost members with their superannuation accounts.
Where indicated on the form, some information may also be collected under the A New Tax System (Australian Business Number Act) 1999 and will be used to update your details on the Australian Business Register (ABR). Where authorised by law, selected information may be made publicly available and some may be passed to a wide range of government agencies, including Commonwealth, state and local government agencies.
We also provide taxpayer information to treaty partners overseas under international tax agreements.
Find out more
End of find out more
- treaty partners
- Australian Business Register (ABR)External Link
- phone us on 13 28 66 between 8.00 am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday for more about agencies receiving information from the ABR
- write to us at GPO box 9990 in your capital city.