Lost members register
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
We are authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to request your tax file number (TFN). We will use your TFN to identify you in our records. It is not an offence not to provide your TFN but if you don't there may be a delay processing this statement.
We are also authorised by the Superannuation (Unclaimed Money and Lost Members) Act 1999 to collect the information on this statement. We will use this information to help us to administer the taxation and superannuation laws. If this information is not collected you would fail to meet your reporting obligations.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- State and Federal Police
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Reserve Bank of Australia.
We may also provide your name and the amounts reported for each member included in this statement to those members. The information collected may also be provided to your client.
As the person authorised to complete this statement, the ATO collects some personal information about you. The information collected will allow us to contact you if we require more information.
We also provide taxpayer information to treaty partners overseas under international tax agreements.
If you have an Australian Business Number, some information on this form may be collected under the A New Tax System (Australian Business Number Act) 1999 and will be used to update your details on the Australian Business Register (ABR). Where authorised by law, selected information may be made publicly available and some may be passed to a wide range of government agencies, including Commonwealth, state and local government agencies.
Find out more
End of find out more
- treaty partners
- Australian Business Register (ABR)External Link
- phone us on 13 28 66 between 8.00 am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday for more about agencies receiving information from the ABR
- write to us at GPO box 9990 in your capital city.