Payment variation advice
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
We are authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to ask for a tax file number (TFN). We will use your TFN to identify you in our records. It is not an offence not to provide your TFN but if you don't there may be delays or administrative errors processing this form.
We are also authorised to collect information on this form under one or more of the following Acts:
- Superannuation (Government Co-contribution for Low Income Earners) Act 2003
- Small Superannuation Accounts Act 1995
- Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992
- Superannuation (Unclaimed Money and Lost Members) Act 1999
- First Home Saver Accounts Act 2008
As the person authorised to complete this form, the ATO collects some personal information about you. The information collected will allow us to contact you if we require more information on what has been provided in the form. We may also provide your name and the amounts reported for each member included in this form to those members. We may give the information collected on this form back to your client.
We will use this information to help us administer the taxation and superannuation laws.
Where authorised by law, we may give this information to other government departments and agencies, including:
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- state and federal police
- Australian Securities & Investment Commission
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Reserve Bank of Australia.
We also provide taxpayer information to treaty partners overseas under international tax agreements.
If you have an Australian Business Number, some information on this form may be collected under the A New Tax System (Australian Business Number Act) 1999 and will be used to update your details on the Australian Business Register (ABR). Where authorised by law, selected information may be made publicly available and some may be passed to a wide range of government agencies, including Commonwealth, state and local government agencies.
This privacy notice provides information about our collection of personal information in relation to superannuation payment variation advice. We also advise who we may share the information with across government agencies and our treaty partners who are external to the ATO.
Find out more
End of find out more
- treaty partners
- Australian Business Register (ABR)External Link
- phone us on 13 28 66 between 8.00 am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday for more about agencies receiving information from the ABR
- write to us at GPO box 9990 in your capital city.