We provide the following non-salary benefits to our employees:
- SES: a privately-plated motor vehicle, which may be used for private and official use or cash in lieu of a motor vehicle; parking at work or cash in lieu of parking; a mobile phone and laptop; and airline lounge membership if eight or more return trips are planned for the year
- EL2 employees: payment of a taxable annual allowance of $1,592 in 2012, increasing to $1,640 in 2013 for purchase of items or services that maintain or increase professionalism; and airline lounge membership if eight or more return trips are planned for the year
- EL2 and general employees: a health and wellbeing taxable allowance of $300 each financial year to help meet the costs of activities or equipment that maintains health and fitness
- general employees: airline lounge membership for employees undertaking 12 or more return trips in a year.
All ongoing employees have access to salary packaging of the following items:
- cars and utility vehicles, with fringe benefits tax (FBT) applicable
- car parking we provide on premises we own, lease or otherwise control, with FBT applicable
- superannuation, for self only, exempt from FBT
- airline lounge membership fees, exempt from FBT
- work-related professional association membership fees, exempt from FBT.
Non-ongoing employees can salary package superannuation only.
Salary packaging is administered by Smartsalary, with around 2,932 packages managed for our employees in 2012–13.