Individuals self service
You can use ATO online services such as myTax, the ATO app and self-help phone at any time to manage your tax and super.
On this page
ATO online services
Individuals and sole traders can use ATO online services to access information and manage their tax and super affairs in one place.
You need to create a myGov account link it to the ATO. You can then use ATO online services to:
MyTax is within ATO online services so you need to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO to access it. You can then use myTax to:
Start your tax return with myTax
The ATO app has a range of features and tools to help you keep on top of your tax and super.
Download the ATO app from Google Play or the App Store.
Use the ATO app to:
- quickly access your account – set up a login using your mobile device's security features like face and fingerprint recognition. You will need a myGov account linked to the ATO to access this feature.
- follow your tax return from start to finish
- record information such as work-related expenses and other deductions with the myDeductions tool and upload these records at tax time
- view in real-time when your lodgments and payments are due and seamlessly action them.
There are a number of other features and tools in the ATO app to help you manage your tax and super. To take advantage of all the available features and personalise your experience get started with myGov and ATO online services.
Phone our Individuals self-help service to:
- track the progress of your lodgment
- search for your lost super
- apply for a franking credits refund
- make a payment arrangement for a debt that is less than $100,000
This is an automated service, where you select options using a phone keypad.
Before you phone, make sure you have:
- your TFN
- relevant details, such as your lodgment date and method if you want to check your lodgment progress.
Publication ordering services
Our ATO Publication Ordering ServiceThis link opens in a new window allows you to search, download and order a range of ATO forms, booklets and other publications.
- download them as portable document format (PDF) publications without needing to log in or register
- place an order online for paper copies to be mailed to you
Make sure you have the publication title or product number (NAT or JS number).
Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra.You can use ATO online services such as myTax, the ATO app and self-help phone at any time to manage your tax and super.