Show download pdf controls
  • How to access your income statement

    For a PDF version of this content, see How to access your income statement (PDF, 792KB)This link will download a file.

    Employers are required to report your income, tax and super information directly to us each pay day. This is called your income statement and makes it easier to find all your income information in your myGov account when you need it.

    • Income statement – Employers who report to us via Single Touch Payroll (STP) don't have to give you a payment summary. Instead, you will get an end-of-year income statement through myGov. Employers need to finalise this information by 14 July.
    • Payment summary – If your employer is not reporting to us via STP, they are required to provide you with a payment summary by 14 July (as they do now).

    Your employer will let you know if there are any delays in the finalisation of your income statement.

    Ask your employer if you're unsure whether you will get an income statement or payment summary.

    Your income information will be available in the following ways:

    • via your agent
    • via myGov – income statement
    • your employer – payment summary.

    Through myGov

    For most people, their income, tax and super information will be finalised by employers and made available via myGov by 14 July.

    Your year-to-date income, tax and super information is also available to you throughout the year via your myGov account.

    It’s important to wait until your employer finalises your income statement and it's marked ‘tax ready’ before you, or your registered tax agent, lodge your tax return. Most employers have until 14 July to check their employee’s income statement and finalise it for the year.

    After 1 July we’ll send a message to your myGov Inbox when your income statement is tax ready, so you or your registered tax agent can lodge your tax return.

    Other information is usually pre-filled into your tax return by the end of July. This includes information from health funds, banks, and government agencies.

    If you, or your agent, lodge your tax return and your income statement is not tax ready, or all your information has not been reported, you may need to lodge an amendment. In some cases, additional tax and interest may be payable.

    To create a myGov account, visit Link

    Through your employer

    You will receive either an income statement via myGov or a payment summary from your employer depending on how your employer reports your income, tax and super information.

    Your employer should let you know if you will receive an income statement or payment summary. If you have more than one job, you may receive both an income statement and a payment summary.

    You will need to check that income from your payment summaries is included in your return. This information may be pre-filled for you or you might need to enter it manually.

    Using a registered tax agent

    Your registered tax agent will still be able to see your income statement or payment summary information. They will also receive a report with all of your income, tax and super information pre-filled in your income tax return.

    For more information


    If you can't access your information through myGov, contact us on 13 28 61.

      Last modified: 02 Jul 2021QC 58934