• How to lodge your BAS

    You can lodge electronically, by mail or over the phone (for nil lodgments), but you must lodge on time to avoid penalties.


    You can lodge your business activity statements (BAS) online:

    We will send you a notification to advise you when your activity statement is available.

    The only electronic lodgment method for the GST Annual Information Report (Form Q) is via ELS. When using our online services for individuals, you can view your Form Q lodgments from the ‘History’ list, regardless of the lodgment method.

    By phone (for 'nil' business activity statements only)

    Phone 13 72 26 to lodge your monthly or quarterly business activity statements (BASs) with nothing to report at any label. You can call this automated service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

    By mail

    Post your original, completed business activity statement with your cheque using the pre-addressed envelope provided in your BAS package.

    If you misplace the envelope, you can send your BAS to:

    Australian Taxation Office
    Locked Bag 1936
    ALBURY  NSW  1936

    If you've lost or haven't received your paper BAS, you can obtain a copy by phoning us on 13 28 66.

    See also:

    Last modified: 25 Feb 2016QC 33692