Show download pdf controls
  • Registering

    Individuals and non-profit organisations (that are not registered for GST) need to register to claim fuel tax credits for fuel used:

    • to generate domestic electricity
    • in emergency vehicles or vessels.

    Register using our online services

    The easiest way to register for claiming fuel tax credits is by using our Online services for individuals and sole traders (accessed via myGov). You will receive a confirmation with a receipt ID.

    • select Lodgments, then Reports and forms
    • select Fuel tax credit non-GST, then Register
    • review the information
    • tick the Declaration box and select Submit.

    If you are a not-for-profit organisation (not registered for GST), you can register to claim fuel tax credits using Online services for business.

    Alternative options to register

    If you cannot access our online services you can register:

    If you are a non-profit organisation and you want to register for fuel tax credits by phone, we must have you listed as an authorised contact person for the organisation.

    If you no longer need to claim fuel tax credits, you should cancel your registration.

    See also:

    Last modified: 27 Sep 2021QC 44536