Show download pdf controls
  • How to apply for a refund

    You can apply for a refund where your purchaser has paid us an amount that they withheld in error. To request a refund you must provide us with the following information:

    • details identifying the purchaser
    • details identifying the supplier (including ABN) and contact details
    • details identifying the authorised person lodging the form and contact details
    • accompanying supporting documentation to evidence the requested refund amount has been withheld from the supplier and paid to the Commissioner in error (for example, a sales contract showing contract price, the settlement statement and receipts).

    The refund request must be made in writing and be lodged a minimum of 14 days before you have to pay GST on the supply. Completed refund requests and supporting documents should be sent to:

    Australian Taxation Office
    PO Box 1127
    ALBURY NSW 2640


    We are open to feedback or improvements in relation to website guides for suppliers and their representatives and purchasers and their representatives. Consultation is open until Friday 7 September 2018 via Let's talkExternal Link.

      Last modified: 07 Aug 2018QC 56252