What happens if foreign resident PAYG withholding affects me?

If you are a foreign resident receiving a payment from an Australian payer for one of the activities described in 'What is foreign resident pay as you go withholding?' above, your Australian payer will withhold prescribed amounts from your payments.

You can vary the rate of withholding to match your expected Australian tax liability for that year by applying to us - see Can I vary the rate of withholding?

You may be required to lodge an Australian tax return. For more information about lodging an Australian tax return, see Income and deductions for small business.

    Last modified: 30 Jan 2013QC 18617