Show download pdf controls
  • Paying my tax – lodging an Australian tax return

    You may be required to lodge an Australian tax return to ensure you pay the right amount of tax.

    To lodge a tax return in Australia, you:

    • will need a tax file number (TFN)
    • may also need an Australian business number (ABN)

    International dealings with a related party or an interest in an overseas entity

    When lodging a company, trust or partnership return for the 2011-12 income year and later income years, you must complete an International dealings schedule 2016 and include it with your tax return if you have either of the following:

    • international transactions or dealings with a related party, on either capital or revenue account, where the total amount of the transactions or dealings (including the value of property transferred or the balance outstanding on any loans) was more than $2 million
    • a direct or indirect interest in a foreign trust, foreign company, controlled foreign company or transferor trust.

    Next steps:

    See also:

      Last modified: 28 Oct 2016QC 18324