Prescribed institutions exempt from Australian income tax

In order to be eligible for the foreign employment exemption, a person must work for a prescribed charitable or religious institution that is exempt from Australian income tax.

Such organisations are either:

  • located outside Australia
  • have a physical presence in Australia but incur their expenditure and pursue their objectives principally outside Australia.
    Last modified: 01 Dec 2015QC 22115