Show download pdf controls
  • Registering

    You need to be registered for GST and LCT if you operate a business that sells luxury cars and we need to process your GST registration before registering you for LCT.

    You also need to be registered for LCT if you are an endorsed public institution (a museum, gallery or library that is registered for GST and endorsed as a deductible gift recipient) and you purchase a luxury car locally that is a work of art or collectors piece and is for the sole purpose of public display.

    When registered for LCT, labels 1E and 1F will appear on your business activity statement (BAS), so you can pay LCT or make LCT adjustments.

    Next step

    Cancelling your registration

    If your business changes (or ceases) and you no longer need the LCT labels on your BAS, you need to cancel your LCT registration.

    Last modified: 10 Mar 2017QC 22111