Lodging tax file number (TFN) declaration data online
Lodging your TFN online is a quick, secure way to meet your reporting obligations, and has the advantage of:
- reducing your paperwork (there is no need to send forms to us)
- eliminating the possibility of loss or damage to your paper documents sent by mail
- allowing you to lodge reports after hours
- ensuring you complete all reports correctly (using inbuilt checks)
- providing you with an online confirmation of your lodgment.
If you lodge your reporting obligations online, you can now accept a payees' electronic signature on an electronic TFN declaration form.
Refer to the TFN declaration – approved electronic payee to payer processExternal Link.
Note: You may need to submit 'Yes' on the Disclaimer page.
We recommend you report every 14 days to ensure you meet your reporting obligation. If you do not receive any TFN declarations in a 14-day period, there is no need to lodge a report.
How to lodge online
You can lodge your report with us online using either:
To use SBR, your accounting or payroll software must be SBR enabled. You can check this with your software provider.
This fact sheet provides information to enable payers to submit TFN declaration data online.