Show download pdf controls
  • Correcting a mistake

    If you find that you have made a mistake in your tax affairs, or not recorded some income or expenses, you need to correct the information by amending your tax return or activity statement. You can do this by making a voluntary disclosure.

    If you voluntarily tell us about any errors or omissions, the tax law allows for a reduction in penalties. By telling us before an audit begins, we may be able to reduce these penalties even further.

    Next steps:

    See also:

    Last modified: 27 Feb 2019QC 47944