Show download pdf controls
  • When to seek compensation

    If we make mistakes, we’re committed to fixing them. If our actions have caused you a financial loss, you can apply for compensation under the Compensation for Detriment caused by Defective Administration Scheme (CDDA Scheme).

    Some of the things we can consider compensating you for include:

    • professional fees incurred to resolve a problem that we may have caused
    • interest for unreasonable delays in providing a payment if no statutory interest can be paid
    • bank or other administrative fees incurred because we've made a mistake.

    Remember, there are also losses we can't compensate.

    You can apply for compensation yourself or through a third party, such as a lawyer or registered tax professional. If you are a small business operator, the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman can also provide assistanceExternal Link.

    Read more about the CDDA scheme and applying for compensation.

    Last modified: 18 May 2023QC 72636