Show download pdf controls
  • Accessing the SBSCH service

    Use the following information to work out which access options to the SBSCH fit your business situation:

    Make sure you read which devices our online services are compatible with.

    Small business operator or sole trader with an ABN

    The Business Portal

    The Business Portal is how businesses with an Australian business number (ABN) engage with us online. In the portal you can:

    • prepare and lodge activity statements
    • manage your accounts and update your business registration details
    • send and receive mail through a secure mailbox
    • make super contributions for your employees.

    To access the Business Portal you need to use myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).

    Together, myGovID and RAM identify you to act on behalf of a business and establish a secure environment for online transactions.

    Next step:

    Individual employer or a sole trader without an ABN

    You can manage your tax and super in one place using our online services for individuals and sole traders. All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO.

    A secure myGov account lets you link to a range of Australian Government services with one user name and password.

    The link to SBSCH will be available on the home page once you have logged in and linked to ATO Online services.

    Next steps:

    See also:

    Non-individual employer or a sole trader with a WPN

    Registered withholding payer number (WPN) holders or their professional advisers are able to complete the SBSCH – Employee list spreadsheet (XLSX, 56KB)This link will download a file and email it to our mailbox.

    To ensure we process your super payment quickly, type 'WPN HOLDER' in the email subject line.

    The internet is not a secure environment and we cannot guarantee the privacy and security of information you send to us via email. When replying by email, make sure that you only send us the information we asked for.

    My tax professional lodges SG on my behalf

    If you choose to use a registered tax or BAS agent, they can continue to manage your super guarantee (SG) obligations on your behalf using the SBSCH in Online services for agents.

    I no longer wish to use the SBSCH

    If you have a requirement to pay super guarantee (SG) for your employees, but you no longer wish to use the SBSCH, we recommend you contact your super fund to discuss alternative SuperStream-compliant lodgment methods.

    You could also contact your registered tax or BAS agent as they may offer this as part of their services.

    Next step:

      Last modified: 02 Jun 2020QC 54322