Show download pdf controls
  • Application for a periodic settlement permission

    These instructions will help you complete your Application for a periodic settlement permission (NAT 73712, PDF, 332KB). To obtain a copy of the form, you should contact us.

    When to use this application

    Use this application to apply for a permission to periodically report and pay duty on excisable goods, most excise equivalent goods (EEGs) and customable wine products after they have been delivered for home consumption.

    A periodic settlement permission (PSP) is usually weekly. Small businesses may be able to report and pay monthly.

    A PSP for EEGs and customable wine products can only be provided to the owner of the goods who must be registered in the Integrated Cargo System (ICS). To register in the ICS, contact the Australian Border ForceExternal Link.

    If you are applying for a customs warehouse licence or excise licence you don't need to complete this application. You can apply for a PSP as part of that process.

    When we say 'you', we mean the person who will hold the periodic settlement permission.

    More information:

    For more information about applying for a periodic settlement permission:

    See also:


    Excisable (Australian-manufactured) or excise equivalent (imported) goods are the following goods on which excise or customs duty hasn't been paid:

    • alcohol or alcoholic products (excluding domestic wine)
    • fuel and petroleum products
    • tobacco products.

    By fuel and petroleum products, we mean goods such as:

    • crude oil and condensate
    • petroleum fuels – such as petrol, diesel
    • bio-fuels – such as biodiesel, ethanol
    • solvents – such as white spirits, mineral turpentine
    • lubricants – such as oils and greases
    • gaseous fuels – such as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), liquefied natural gas (LNG) and compressed natural gas (CNG).

    Other customable goods are all other imported goods that are subject to customs duties, including customable wine products.

    Home consumption is when goods are delivered into the domestic market, including those goods consumed within a licensed site.

    Last modified: 21 Jul 2021QC 24383