This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
- For general tax information and to download publications and rulings, visit www.ato.gov.au
Our infolines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm except where otherwise indicated. Make sure you have your Baby bonus instructions and claim 2005 handy when you phone.
- Baby bonus enquiries 13 28 61: Our Personal Tax Infoline can help you with your questions about the baby bonus or whether you should lodge a tax return.
- Baby bonus refunds 13 28 65: Check the progress of your baby bonus claim. This is an automated self-help service available 24 hours a day, every day. You will need to key in your tax file number using your telephone keypad.
If you sent your baby bonus claim by ordinary post, please wait seven weeks before phoning to check on the progress of your claim.
If you lodged your baby bonus claim over the internet, please wait three weeks before phoning.
- National Aboriginal and Islander Resource Centre 13 10 30: This centre specialises in helping Indigenous clients.
- Superannuation 13 10 20: For assistance with your superannuation enquiries.
- Fax 13 28 60: Get information faxed to you about individual taxes and the repayment of debts under the Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS), the Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) and the Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS). Phone 13 28 60 and follow the instructions to order information to be faxed to you.
Last modified: 17 Dec 2009QC 27590
- Translating and Interpreting Service 13 14 50: If you do not speak English well and want to talk to a tax officer, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service for help with your call.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment and have access to appropriate TTY or modem equipment, phone 13 36 77.
- If you do not have access to TTY or modem equipment, phone the Speech to Speech Relay Service 1300 555 727.