Show download pdf controls
  • Inherited main residence



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you inherit a deceased person's main residence, you may be exempt or partially exempt from capital gains when a CGT event happens in relation to the home. The same exemptions also apply if you are the trustee of the deceased's estate and a CGT event happens.

    Last modified: 18 Sep 2009QC 18323