This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
These instructions are designed to help companies, trusts and funds (your entity) to calculate a capital gain or capital loss and to complete the capital gains items on the relevant tax return. This will be the:
- Company tax return 2002-item 7
- Trust tax return 2002-item 18 or
- Fund income tax and regulatory return 2002-item 9.
Funds include superannuation funds, approved deposit funds and pooled superannuation trusts.
The labels to complete at these items are:
- G-Did you have a CGT event during the year?
- A-Net capital gain
- H-Total current year capital gains
(if you are an individual).
You will also need to show your entity's net capital losses carried forward to later income years at V at the relevant item number for the entity's tax return. This will be the:
- Company tax return 2002-item 10 (Losses information)
- Trust tax return 2002-item 24 (Losses information) or
- Fund income tax and regulatory return 2002-item 10 (Losses information).
There may be terms in part C that are not familiar to you. Refer to chapter 1 in part A or to Explanation of terms.
The term 'entities' is used to describe companies, trusts and funds in this part of the guide.
Last modified: 06 Oct 2009QC 27417