• General information

    An individual who was not in a partnership carrying on a business does not need to lodge a partnership tax return where the only income derived jointly (or in common) with another person was:

    • rent from a jointly owned investment property
    • interest from a jointly held account
    • dividends from jointly held shares.

    In these instances, each individual shows their share of the income and expenses at the appropriate items on their own individual tax return.

    Last modified: 19 Sep 2013QC 35433