This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
This section deals with identification of the fund.
1. Name of private ancillary fund
Show the name of the PAF as it appears in the fund's trust deed. This would be, for example, John Brown Foundation, not the trustee of the John Brown Foundation.
2. ABN of fund
Show the ABN of the fund.
Make sure you use the ABN of the fund, not the ABN of the trustee of the trust.
3. Current postal address
Show the current postal address of the fund.
4. If the trustee to whom notices should be sent is a constitutional corporation show the full name and details here
Show the name of the constitutional corporation.
Show the Australian Company Number, association number or incorporation number of the constitutional corporation.
Show the TFN of the constitutional corporation.
5. If the trustee to whom notices should be sent is an individual show the full name and details here
The ATO is authorised by the Taxation Administration Act 1953 to collect your TFN. See the privacy note at Completing and lodging the return on page 2 for further information.
Show the title, surname or family name and given names of the individual.
Show the TFN of the individual.
6. Responsible person
Show the title, surname or family name and given names of the responsible person.
At all times, at least one of the individuals involved in the decision-making of the fund must be a person with a degree of responsibility to the Australian community as a whole.
Generally, individuals who are accepted as having a degree of responsibility to the community as a whole are:
- known to a broad section of the community because they perform a public function, or
- belong to a professional body (such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants, State Law Societies and Medical Registration Boards) which has a professional code of ethics and rules of conduct.
They cannot be:
- a founder
- a donor to the fund who has contributed more than $10,000
- an associate of a founder or such a donor.
Only an individual can be the responsible person. They must be either a trustee or a director of the constitutional corporation that is a trustee. Where the responsible person is a director of the constitutional corporation they must be an active director.
End of attention
Last modified: 01 Nov 2010QC 23525
For more information refer to PAF guidelines 14, 15 and 16.
End of further information