Show download pdf controls
  • Can I use this application?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you answer yes to all the questions below, you can use the application form.

    Note: All the questions relate to the income year 1 July 2003 to 30 June 2004.

    • You do not have to lodge a tax return. (If you are not sure whether you need to lodge a tax return, phone 13 28 61.)
    • You were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole tax year. (If you are not sure whether you are an Australian resident, see Were you an Australian resident for the whole income year?)
    • You are NOT claiming a refund for a deceased estate.
    • Your total dividend income was $6,000 or less.
      If you were under 18 on 30 June 2004, your total dividend income was $416 or less.
    • You received dividends from shares (and/or non-share equity interests) in an Australian or New Zealand company.
      You were entitled to distributions from investments in a managed fund.
    • Your dividend or distribution statement showed franking credits (statements from New Zealand companies must show Australian franking credits, not just New Zealand imputation credits).
      Amounts were withheld from your dividends because you did not provide a tax file number.

    You must answer yes to all these to be able to use this application

    If you have franking credits but you did not tick all the boxes, you will need to lodge a tax return to claim the benefit of these credits.

    You should be able to fill in this application yourself following the simple step-by-step instructions in this guide, or with help from our free services. If you are not familiar with some of the terms used in the publication, there is an Explanation of common terms to help you.

    Last modified: 10 Jan 2005QC 27524