Show download pdf controls
  • Can you use this application for refund of franking credits?



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    See Do you need to lodge a tax return?

    If you answer yes to all the points below, you can use this application.

    Note: All the statements below relate to the income year 1 July 2007 to 30 June 2008.

    • You do not have to lodge a tax return. (If you are not sure whether you need to lodge a tax return, phone 13 28 61.)
    • You were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole tax year. (If you are not sure whether you were an Australian resident, see item 2.)
    • You are not claiming a refund of franking credits for a deceased estate.
    • Your total dividend income was $6,000 or less.
      If you were under 18 years old on 30 June 2008, your total dividend income was $416 or less.
    • You received dividends from shares (or non-share equity interests) in an Australian or New Zealand company.
      You were entitled to distributions from investments in a managed fund.
    • Your dividend or distribution statement showed franking credits.
      Note: Statements from New Zealand companies must show Australian franking credits, New Zealand imputation credits do not qualify.
      Amounts were withheld from your dividends because you did not provide a tax file number.

    If you have franking credits but you were not able to tick all the boxes, you will need to lodge a tax return to claim the benefit of these credits.

    Last modified: 15 Jul 2020QC 27930