Show download pdf controls
  • What to do if you need to make a change to your application form



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you need to make a change to the dividend or distribution details you lodged with us please write to the Australian Taxation Office at the address provided (see Lodging by phone) with an explanation of the change required. Do not lodge another application form.

    The example letter below will help you. In the letter please include your tax file number (TFN), your contact details and the amounts that need to be changed. For example, franked amounts, unfranked amounts, imputation credit or TFN amounts withheld. Make sure you sign and date the letter and include the declaration as shown in bold in the example letter below. If you claimed too much imputation credit on the application you lodged you may have to repay the overclaimed amount with interest.


    If your income has increased check whether you need to lodge a tax return as a result of the change. If you are unsure please ring 13 61 40.


    Jackie Spencer
    2 Badgery Rd
    Isabella 6905

    Tax file number: 123 456 789
    Phone: (01) 2345 6789

    Dear Deputy Commissioner

    Please amend my Refund of imputation credits application. I have received another dividend statement for the period 1 July 2000 to 30 June 2001. Please increase my franked amount by $66 and my imputation credit amount by $34.

    I declare that all the information I have given in this letter including any attachments is true and correct

    J. Spencer
    Jackie Spencer
    23 February 2002

    End of example


    It is essential that you include the declaration above.

    Last modified: 13 Feb 2019QC 16274