Show download pdf controls
  • How to make a change to your application



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    If you need to change the dividend or distribution details you lodged with us, please write to the ATO at the address above with an explanation of the change required. Do not lodge another application.

    Important: If your income has increased, check whether you need to lodge a tax return as a result of the change. If you are unsure, please ring 13 28 61-press 4 then 2.

    The example letter below will help you. In the letter please include your TFN, your contact details and what needs to be changed. Make sure you sign and date the letter and include the declaration as shown in bold in the example letter below. If you claimed too much imputation/franking credit on the application you lodged, you may have to repay the over-claimed amount with interest.

    Jackie Spencer
    2 Badgery Road
    Isabella 6905

    Tax file number: 123 456 789
    Telephone: (01) 2345 6789

    Dear Deputy Commissioner

    Please amend my refund of imputation credits application. I have received another dividend statement for the period 1 July 2001 to 30 June 2002. Please increase my franked amount by $70 and my imputation/franking credit amount by $30.

    I declare that all the information I have given in this letter including any attachments is true and correct. *

    J. Spencer

    Jackie Spencer
    23 October 2002

    Last modified: 09 Dec 2019QC 16834