Section K: Declarations
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Complete all of Section K.
Trustee’s or director’s declaration
All trustees, or all directors of the body corporate if the SMSF has a corporate trustee, are equally responsible and accountable for managing the SMSF and making sure it complies with the law.
Signing this declaration confirms that:
- the information supplied is true, and
- all trustees, and all directors of the body corporate if the SMSF has a corporate trustee, have authorised this annual return.
All trustees of the SMSF, and all directors of the body corporate if the SMSF has a corporate trustee, should:
- authorise the annual return
- document their authorisation in the SMSF’s records
- review the audit undertaken on the SMSF before they authorise the annual return.
We may impose penalties for providing false or misleading information. The penalty can apply to shortfall amounts and to statements that do not result in a change in a tax liability.
Preferred trustee or director contact details
Write the name and contact details of the individual (not the tax agent) that we can contact if required.
Provide a contact phone number including area code.
Non-individual trustee name (if applicable)
Print the name and ABN of the corporate trustee, referred to here as non-individual trustee, if the SMSF has one.
Time taken to prepare and complete this annual return
We want to reduce the cost of complying with the SMSF’s taxation and regulatory obligations. Your response to this question is voluntary.
When completing this annual return, how much time, rounded up to the nearest hour, did you spend:
- reading the annual return instructions
- collecting the necessary information to complete this annual return
- making the necessary calculations
- completing this annual return or putting the tax affairs of the SMSF in order so the information can be handed to the SMSF’s registered tax agent?
Include the time spent preparing and completing the annual return by:
- the trustee
- the tax agent
- any other person who helped.
Tax agent’s declaration
If the tax agent is a partnership or a company, a person authorised by that partnership or company must sign this declaration. Print that person’s name at this question.
Tax agent’s contact details
Write the tax agent's title, name, phone number, area code and:
Last modified: 13 Feb 2019QC 44344
- the name of the tax agent’s practice under Tax agent’s practice
- the client number that the tax agent has allocated to the SMSF under Reference number
- the number that the Tax Practitioners Board has issued to the tax agent under Tax agent number.