P Inward rollovers and transfers
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
Did the SMSF receive rollovers or transfers for the member?
Leave P blank. Go to Q.
Write at P the total amount of rollovers and transfers received for the member in 2014-15 from within the Australian superannuation system.
These rollovers and transfer amounts are shown on the Rollover benefits statement that you should have received from the transferring fund. You should have received the Rollover benefits statement within seven days of the member’s previous fund making the rollover or transfer payment.
Examples of inward amounts you include at P include:
- rollover payments received for the member from other funds where you receive a Rollover benefits statement from that fund
- amounts transferred from the member's spouse's super into the member’s account as a result of a contributions splitting arrangement (for more information see Offering contributions splitting for members)
- amounts transferred for the member because of a family law obligation (such as a super agreement or a Family Law Court order as a result of a relationship breakdown)
- amounts transferred to the member’s account from their spouse’s account as a result of the spouse’s death (a reversionary pension or entitlement).
These amounts are not contributions for the member that receives them into their account.
Do not include transfers from foreign super funds at P. Show these at
- I Assessable foreign superannuation fund amount
- J Non-assessable foreign superannuation fund amount, or
- M Any other contributions.
If an amount is transferred between members accounts in your SMSF, see Transfers between members within the SMSF for information about how to record the transaction.
Last modified: 15 Jan 2016QC 44344