Superannuation fund nomination form
About this form
You can use the Superannuation fund nomination form (NAT 8676) to nominate a superannuation fund or retirement savings account (RSA) to receive the super entitlements we hold for you, including unclaimed super.
This form may take some time for us to process. Using our online services for individuals is a quicker way to ensure we transfer any ATO held money to your preferred fund. To do this you will need a myGov account linked to the ATO.
Find out about:
How to obtain this form
You can download this form in Portable Document Format (PDF) – download Superannuation fund nomination (NAT 8676, PDF, 203KB)This link will download a file.
To obtain a printed copy of this form:
- use our automated self-help publications ordering service at any time. You need to know the full title of the publication to use this service
- phone our Publications Distribution Service on 1300 720 092. You can speak to an operator between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Before you phone, check whether there are other publications you may need – this will save you time and help us. For each publication you order, you need the full title.
When to use this form
You complete this form to nominate a super fund or RSA to receive the super entitlements we hold for you, including unclaimed super.
Making an electronic nomination
For fast service, you can make your nomination online using our online services for individuals. You will need a myGov account that is linked to the ATO.
This service provides you with details of all your accounts held by super funds, including the account number and fund contact details, as well as any accounts we hold on your behalf. You can also consolidate your super accounts.
Find out about:
Completing this form
- You must answer all questions.
- Place ‘X’ in all applicable boxes.
Completing section A: your details
Complete your details.
Completing section B: fund details
Before providing the details of the super fund or RSA you want to nominate, check that both of the following apply to the fund/RSA:
- it is a complying super fund
- it will accept super payments from the ATO.
Contact your fund/RSA to obtain:
- their Australian business number (ABN)
- the unique superannuation identifier (USI) – to ensure payment is made to the correct super product
- the member account number the super payments should be sent to.
We recommend you ensure your fund/RSA has the same name and contact details for you as we have. Any discrepancies in these details could result in delays in processing your super payments.
Lodging your nomination form
Mail it to:
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3578
ALBURY NSW 2640
Form to nominate a superannuation fund or retirement savings account (RSA) to receive the superannuation entitlements we hold for you, including unclaimed superannuation. (NAT 8676).Last modified: 30 Jun 2016QC 17316