What is TaxPack?
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
TaxPack is a print publication designed to help you to complete your individual income tax return. TaxPack is divided into two parts:
To find out your options on completing and lodging your tax return read Guide to lodging your tax return.
For information about whether you need to lodge a tax return, read:
TaxPack 2011 and TaxPack 2011 supplement will not be delivered to households this year but will be available from most newsagents and all our shopfronts from 1 July 2011, or you can order them from us using the methods listed below.
Alternatively, you can do your tax online using e-tax, our free electronic tax preparation and lodgment software. Last year more than 2.3 million people used e-tax to lodge their tax return, and this year it's easier than ever before.
- is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world
- has built-in checks and calculators to help you get it right
- allows you to save and exit anytime – prepare your return at your leisure
- gives you an estimate of your refund (or how much you need to pay)
- can even fill out part of your return for you using our pre-filling service which downloads information the ATO has received about your income and expenses, straight into the relevant labels in e-tax.
Find out more
E-tax is available to download from 1 July 2011 – to find out more, or to download e-tax now, go to E-tax essentials.
End of find out more
If you've never used e-tax before, have a look at our quick, three minute e-tax demonstration.
Other tax time publications will be available from 1 July 2011 from our:
- website under booklets and publications
- Online publications ordering service
- Publications Distribution Service by phoning 1300 720 092.
Before you phone, check whether there are other publications you may need – this will save you time and help us. An automated self-help publications ordering service is available 24 hours a day every day where you know the title of the publication. Alternatively, you can speak to an operator between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
If you live outside Australia you can:
- use e-tax to help you prepare and lodge online your tax return and baby bonus claim
- contact us by phone on +61 2 6216 1111 to ask us to post a TaxPack to your overseas address.
Download TaxPack and forms
Last modified: 14 Nov 2014QC 24294