Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule
This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
You do not need to complete a Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule 2012 (CGT schedule) if the trust was a subsidiary member of a consolidated group for the whole of the income year.
In other cases, complete a Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule 2012 and attach it to the trust's tax return if:
- a CGT event occurs in relation to a forestry managed investment scheme (FMIS) interest that is held other than as an initial participant
- the trust's total current year capital gains are greater than $10,000, or
- the trust's total current year capital losses are greater than $10,000.
The Guide to capital gains tax 2012 will help you complete the CGT schedule. It also includes:
Last modified: 13 Aug 2014QC 28037
- a capital gain or capital loss worksheet for calculating a capital gain or capital loss for each CGT event
- a CGT summary worksheet for calculating a net capital gain or net capital loss for the income year
- a CGT schedule.