This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.
End of attention
You do not need to complete a Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule 2010 (CGT schedule) if the trust was a subsidiary member of a consolidated group at the end of the income year and has completed Z2 item 2.
In other cases, complete a CGT schedule and attach it to the trust's tax return if:
- a CGT event occurs in relation to a forestry managed investment scheme (FMIS) interest that is held other than as an initial participant
- the trust's total current year capital gains for the income year are greater than $10,000, or
- the trust's total current year capital losses for the income year are greater than $10,000.
The Guide to capital gains tax 2010 will help you complete the CGT schedule. It also includes:
Last modified: 13 Aug 2014QC 22968
- a capital gain or capital loss worksheet for calculating a capital gain or capital loss for each CGT event
- a CGT summary worksheet for calculating a net capital gain or net capital loss for the income year
- the CGT schedule.