Priority ruling process for private and class rulings
We have a priority ruling process for applications for private and class rulings that meet certain criteria including being associated with a transaction that:
- is time sensitive
- is prospective
- is of major commercial significance and requires consideration at corporate board level
- has a tax outcome as a critical element of the transaction
- involves complex law or facts that need to be analysed.
To have your application accepted into the priority rulings process, you must:
- notify us as soon as practicable after the transaction is first seriously contemplated
- agree to provide an application including a full brief with all relevant information
- identify all issues
- provide fully argued positions for and against
- identify timeframes.
You must also:
- nominate a representative who will be responsible for all interaction with us and meet any information requests quickly
- provide us with an overview of the proposed transaction, including any high-level tax analysis, at least three days before the pre-lodgement meeting.
We have a priority ruling process for applications for private and class rulings that meet certain criteria.