Show download pdf controls
  • Previously declared but unpaid capital gains

    You have unlimited time to correct your earlier tax return to remove an incorrectly reported capital gain if:

    • the capital gain was reported in an income year
    • you did not receive the capital proceeds (ie the cash), or the promoter advised you that the proceeds were reinvested in another Letten scheme
    • you are unlikely to receive some or all of those capital proceeds.

    You will need to substantiate that you did not receive the proceeds.

    Find out more

    Introduction to capital gains tax

    End of find out more
      Last modified: 12 Jun 2013QC 35067