2 September 2015
The Future of the Tax Profession 2015-16 working group met on Wednesday 2 September 2015 via video conference.
The working group discussed the importance of understanding and communicating appropriately to tax and BAS agents and the software developer community, and the value of simple messages about what they need to know, when they need to know it.
Members were presented with an update on cloud software authentication and authorisation including:
- the deployment of an ATO technical solution into production
- communications issued to date
Members provided suggestions on changes required to the communication products and future communications requirements.
The ATO presented it’s digital program overview for 2015-16 including:
- the drivers of the program
- the need to understand and articulate what goes into software and what goes into the Portal
- upcoming pilots and services including the ability to link an ABN to myGov
- the work currently being conducted to scope a replacement for the client correspondence list
The group also discussed and provided feedback on the latest version of the narrative for the ‘Roadmap for change for tax professionals’ developed to provide tax professionals with more information and certainty about the changes that are occurring in their environment.