• Invalidity payments objections

    This page lists the documents and information we usually need to process objections about invalidity payments. Providing supporting information will reduce delays.

    If you wish to lodge an objection about invalidity payments, you'll need to:

    • complete and submit the relevant objection form (for taxpayers or tax professionals)
    • provide the supporting information listed below.

    Supporting information required

    To process an objection about an invalidity payment, we need:

    • the date you commenced employment
    • the date you sustained the permanent disability
    • the nature of the disability/illness/condition
    • the date you terminated employment and the reason for terminating employment
    • the date you would have ordinarily ceased employment under the terms and conditions of your employment
    • the date and amount of the payment
    • copies of any payment summaries
    • details of who made the payment
    • a copy of your employment contract or details of the award or agreement containing the terms and conditions of your employment
    • copies of medical certificates obtained at the time of termination of employment or payment of the eligible termination payment for invalidity.
    • a copy of your notice of termination of employment or resignation letter
    • copies of any other correspondence relating to the termination of employment or the payment
    • your current occupation and duties involved (if applicable)
    • the date you commenced your current occupation (if applicable)
    • any other documents that would support the statements made in your objection.

    Note: If you have previously provided any of this information, you do not need to give it to us again.

    Next steps:

    See also:

      Last modified: 21 Feb 2017QC 19000