Show download pdf controls
  • Super pension or annuity tax offset objections

    We need specific documents and information to process an objection to our decision about a super pension or annuity tax offset.

    Providing this information up front will reduce delays.

    If you wish to lodge an objection about a super pension or annuity tax offset, you'll need to:

    • complete and submit the relevant objection form (for taxpayers or tax professionals)
    • provide the supporting information listed below

    Supporting information required

    If you have previously given us any of the information listed below, you don't need to resend it.

    The information we need includes:

    • A letter from the fund confirming the pension is eligible for the super pension or annuity tax offset and the amount eligible for the tax offset for the income year.
    • If your pension is paid from a fund which has not paid tax on contributions, (such as some government funds like ComSuper), provide a copy of your payment summary or income statement for the income year.
    • If you have a deductible amount of an undeducted purchase price (UPP), provide this amount. If you don't know your annual deductible amount, you can apply for a private ruling – see Undeducted Purchase Price of pensions and annuities.

    Next steps:

      Last modified: 04 Jul 2017QC 19007