Property fringe benefits arise when entities provide employees with free or discounted property.
For FBT purposes, property means tangible property and intangible property. It includes:
- goods such as a computer, furniture or a gift voucher
- real property, such as land and buildings
- choses in action such as shares or bonds.
At times, Australian Government entities provide the following property fringe benefits:
- staff awards such as a gift voucher or a box of chocolates
- laptops and/or used furniture sold to employees at a discounted price.